So I’m in the process of setting up a PXE Server on my network. I have a Debian based TFTP server that I created without DHCP setup on it. Mainly because I want the USG to do most of the work.
So of course I went looking around the web to do this first. Which I really couldn’t find anything on how to do it, which of course lead me to an important lesson. Always look through the settings first. 🙂
So here’s what you need to do.
- Log into your Unifi system
- Then click network
- Then click edit for the lan you want the pxe server to be on
- Then click advanced DHCP options.
- Click enable network boot. Enter the ip of the server as well as the file it will be booting. In my case currently I have just one linux distro in there.
- Under DHCP TFTP Server put in the ip address of the PXE server as well.
And then you should be good to go provided you set up your PXE Server correctly.